TL;DR: Scrimmages this week. EVERYONE must sign up for a session. Read on for links and to sign up.
Thanks to everyone who has been showing up for the last few weeks. Also, thanks to all the helpers who have been dedicating their time to getting the season up and running.
This coming week is all about scrimmages. New-to-MGHA beginners will have a controlled scrimmage. We’re also aiming to have bench coaches for the returning beginner scrimmage as well.
Looking ahead, we’ll have evaluations the following week, October 24th. Everyone should make plans to be there so that we can see everyone’s skills. Remember, everybody makes a team in the MGHA and we do these evaluations to help with team balance.
Here’s the schedule for this week…
October 17 Schedule
Everyone must sign up for a slot this week. Please sign up ASAP because spots are limited. If we fill up sessions, we’ll overflow to an 8:30 PM session. If you’re having a hard time finding a slot, reach out and let me know.
New-To-MGHA Beginners and Never Skated Before
- 5:40 PM on Rink B
- Sign up here… https://www.madisongayhockey.org/new-beginners-scrimmage/
- 4:30 PM on Rink B
- Sign up here… https://www.madisongayhockey.org/returning-beginners-scrimmage/
- 5:00 PM or 6:10 PM on Rink A or 6:50 PM on Rink B
- Sign up here… https://www.madisongayhockey.org/intermediate-scrimmage/
- 7:20 PM on Rink A
- Sign up here… https://www.madisongayhockey.org/advanced-scrimmage/
- We’ll need goalies for each of the above sessions
- Your signup will be posted on the MGHA Goalie Facebook page
Please sign up as soon as possible so that we know if we need an overflow slot.
Reminder… everyone should be able to have ice in every preseason week. If you’re having trouble finding a slot, please reach out to us.
Other Things You May Have Forgotten
If you haven’t already, please make sure you’ve completed the following. More details are available in the season kickoff email.
USA Hockey Registration
Deadline was Friday, October 1.
Play-With Requests (Optional – Due October 24)
See you on Sunday!
(on behalf of HOps and the Board)