MGHA Board meeting notes 12/13/2017
Location: Matthew Doris abode
- January Clinic – Sara is organizing. Mark will be teaching the beginners clinic. Limit to 15-20 people. Goalie clinic – Sara will finalize who is instructing. Mary and Berlie are unable. Nikki tentatively able to lead it. Have asked MGHA goalies to provide gear and assist if able. Will finalize soon.
- Ice Time – Group before us seems to be getting better. Time for resurfacing is a contributing issue. Tim will talk to Stu. Shelly will reach out regarding ice sales.
- HOPs will re-evaluate skill levels in the near future
- Will emphasize to captains to choose appropriate levels and people who haven’t subbed much.
- Donations: Not currently set up to take donations. People do donate but nothing consistent. Would be ideal to make this process easier.
- Website performance issues: Running slowly. Have discussed with 5Nines how to improve, but will likely need to re-visit again.
- Planning for Monday, January 22nd tentatively.
- K8 will arrange with Glass Nickel
Annual Member Meeting
- Discussed sending email to members to remind them that they can become members
- Tentative meeting date May 6th 5-7 pm at Glass Nickel
- Tentatively planning for January 31st or February 1st
- Will put subbing process on the agenda as there have been a lot of questions/comments about sub-selection this year.
- Sock-sizes were inaccurate for Tim’s team
- Jersey’s: May be helpful to ask in year-end survey what your “ideal jersey size” is to get a better estimation for ordering. Many teams had not enough on the big or small end.
- Scrimmage Jerseys: Amanda. We have them. Sorting out the cost/when to sell them.
- Sweatshirts: Logo was designed by Peter Streicher
- Falling apart and over-full. Lots of extra gear in K8’s possession. Discussed options for storage including building a new box, storing at someone’s home, storage shed, etc.
- We should have enough 5 & 10 year pucks for this year
- Philosophy: Money in, money out
- Scholarships: Discussed the process by which scholarships are given. Currently based on self-proclaimed need. Generally able to give reduced dues if there is a financial need.
- Dues: Still a handful of people that have not paid final dues. Giving a final deadline of January 21st .
Blades Against AIDS
- Ashleigh and Alpha are currently in charge of the event. David Hafner has offered to assist them if they have questions but not lead the event this year.
- There will be a drag show in advance of the event to help raise funding.
- On-boarding and documentation: Discussed that we will be needing a new treasurer for next season. Had a broader discussion on the need for on-boarding new board members to ensure success in new position.